WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF
THE POLICE HISTORY SOCIETY
First published in 1986, the Journal is a collection of articles and essays written by retired and serving police officers as well as historians. Published annually, the most recent journal was volume. 37 (2023),
126 A4 pages.
We regret to announce that our annual Conference, scheduled for November 2020 at Police Federation HQ, Leatherhead has been cancelled.
Details on the 2021 event will appear here.
The 2024 conference
Friday 15th to Sunday 17th November at Federation HQ., Leatherhead.
Join the Police History Society to receive regular messages about items of interest or requests for help, which are then published in a quarterly Newsletter, along with the annual Journal, which contains many police
ABOUT THE PHS
The Police History Society is a registered charity, the aim of which is to
educate the public in police history.
What we do:
* Provide a network for anyone interested in police history *
* Encourage the preservation of historical items on policing, and allow public access to them *
* Provide small grants for research on police history *
Our activities include:
* Regular messages of interest *
* A quarterly newsletter *
* An annual Journal publishing original research *
* An annual weekend conference *
* A museums section *
Membership is open to individuals and to non-profit organisations.