Patron: Lord Stevens of Kirkwhelpington Kt., QPM., DL., LLD.
Chairman: Chief Supt Paul Griffiths OBE. President, Superintendents Association
Secretary: Mrs Karolyn Brookes
Registered charity number 295540
Welcome to the website of the Police History Society.
The society was formed in 1985 and now has over 350 members from around the world. They include serving and retired officers, writers, academics, museum curators and many from other occupations.
Our aim is to educate the public and promote interest in police history.
Are you interested in any of the following?:
* police museums
* forensic science
* constabularies histories
* uniforms, badges and equipment
* famous crimes and criminals
* legal history
* police medals and gallantry
* women in police
* police dogs and horses
* police transport
* the special constabulary
* police ancestry
* social history of policing
* colonial policing
Then the society could be for you.
Our activities include:
* regular messages of interest
* a quarterly newsletter
* an annual Journal publishing original research
* making small grants for research
* an annual weekend conference
* a museums section
Membership is open to individuals and to non-profit organisations.